Sunday, April 1, 2012

Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge - Day 5 (and Day 6)

Day 5: Gotta Love Chick Flicks 
and
Day 6: Who Inspires You?





I decided to do a two-for-one today. 

For the 'chick flick', I chose Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.  During one part of the movie, James Garner's character is talking to his daughter, Sidda (played by Sandra Bullock) and calls her the 'Patron Saint of Sunflowers'.  Granted, the flowers on my nails aren't sunflowers - but they're what I picture everytime I see that scene. 

The person who inspires me: my mom.  I know, I know - cheesy and overdone.  In all honesty, however, she does inspire me.  She has never once thought I was crazy for making some of the choices that I make, but will not hesitate to call me out if she thinks I'm acting a fool.  I didn't really get along with her until I was in my late teens.  We still have our minor disagreements to this day, but Mom is definitely someone I'd want in my corner at any given time.

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood is one of the first movies I remember going to see with just my mom.  We do not live as far south as the women in the movie, but we do like to keep in touch with our country roots.  As it is one of her favorites (and mine), I'm also using this manicure for Day 6.    

Base color: Essie "Barefoot in Blue" (Free, won in a contest)
White dots: NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel "French White Tip" ($1 from local Wal-Mart)
Yellow dots: Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Nail Color "Lightening" ($2 from local Wal-Mart)


Check out these other awesome bloggers who are/were participating in the Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge:

Robin, Erin, and Anna - Polished Cousins
Ashley - Follow the Yellow Polish Road
Jodi - Captivating Claws
Danielle - Rock N Polish
Elly - Polishable
Olivia - Unprofessional Nails
Kate - This Charming Kate
Bethany - A Plethora of Nails
Lizzy - The Do It Yourself Lady
Eugenia - Talon-ted
Johanna - Neues vom Kellerkind
Amanda - Nox Nails
Ashley - Smashley Sparkles
Sarah - See Sarah Swatch
Emily - The Lacquerologist
Jess - LuvMyLacquer
Tressa - O' Natur Nail
ChiChi - I'm just me...ChiChi
CR - Color Me Silly
Amanda - Berry Polished
Bonny - Over Stuffed
Taylor - REJOICE!
Jess - Nearly Natural Nails


ALSO: Big shout-out to Lacey from Lace & Lacquers for 'awarding' me the Liebster Award :)

 

2 comments:

  1. This is really great! Just found your blog and its nice! I tell all my new blogs- that you may want to disable your word verification. My poor old eyes cant see the letters and more people may comment if you remove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute flowers!!!!

    I wanted to let you know I awarded you with the Versatile Blogger award ;)

    http://peacelovelacquer.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-first-blogger-awards-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete