Saturday, April 21, 2012

30 Days of Untrieds - Day 2


Today is Day 2 of the 30 Days of Untrieds, and I'll be using another NYC Quick Dry nail polish, this time in "Chinatown".  There will be plenty of the NYC's being used - I bought them in a pack at Dollar Tree, 2 for $1. 

Before I post the pictures of my nails, I feel as though I should warn you.  They look terrible.  Typically, each time I do my nails, I'll do two layers of polish and no more. 
With this specific polish, I did at least three layers on each nail, and a few even ended up with four coats. 

I have no complaints about the brush or the color itself.  However, the formula/consistency of the polish had me incredibly frustrated.  It almost wanted to come out of the bottle 'gloopy', even though it's a brand new bottle.  It was ridiculously uneven when applied, leaving 'bald' spots on my nails.  The OCD portion of me was just not having that. 

The complaining out of the way, I do enjoy this polish.  It's a great color, that is either dark blue or dark purple, depending on how you look at it.  It dries almost like a matte polish, but it retains a bit of sheen.  For these nails, I did the accent finger in (yet another) NYC polish, shown below.








Photobucket

1 comment: