Friday, January 27, 2012

Sally Hansen - Hard as Nails Extreme Wear - Blue Me Away **and** Sally Hansen - Gem Crush - Bling-tastic

The longer you follow this blog, the more you will learn about my 'obsession' with Sally Hansen nail polishes.  They're cheap, and one of the most available polishes in my area.  I'll use them the most, even if that's the only reasons.

I love blue, so I chose to do a bright blue nail with some sparkle flair.

*while not shown, I start (and finish) every nail manicure with my Sinful Colors base & top coats. 

Out of my blues, I chose Blue Me Away, part of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails - Extreme Wear line. 


Pros: It is a 'fatter' angeled brush, making for an quick, yet easy, application.  The color is such that you could really get by with using only one coat.

Cons: Not really a con, but the color is rather bright for some people.


I liked it, but felt it could use a little oomph.  For the sparkle, I used Sally Hansen's Gem Crush in Bling-tastic.


Pros: It has both little sparkles and the bigger, almost flake-sized sparkles.  One application is typically enough, though most will prefer two.

Cons: There is a possibility that one nail may end up with all little sparkles, and none of the bigger, leaving your nails looking uneven.  Another issue, at least with my bottle, the consistency tends to get 'goopy', as if the polish is drying up.  I kept the lid on tightly when not in use and this still happened.  I'm waiting on a response from the Sally Hansen people on why that is.


You can't see it very well in this picture (Me, my camera, and this sparkle nail polish went a few rounds.  As you can see, my camera and I lost), but it is actually a nice mixture of the blues. 



Final Verdict: (roughly) $3 for the bottom layer and almost $7 for the Gem Crush (both from a local Walgreens).  I would do a combination of these colors again, but not if I had an important, professional event to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment