Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kleancolor Nail Lacquer - Neon Orange ((AND)) L.A. Colors Art Deco

Kleancolor Nail Lacquer in Neon Orange ((and)) L.A. Colors Art Deco
"Tiger Stripes"


Found this Nail Art design on YouTube, courtesy of macNC40.  Check out their tutorial here


*While not shown, I always start (and finish) my manicures with Sinful Colors base and top coats.  You can find these at most 'big-box' stores or drugstores for around $2.50 a piece


I choose Kleancolor's Neon Orange for the base color.  I'm not sure how much this cost, as it was a birthday gift from a friend, but I would assume you could find this at your local drugstore.



Pros: It goes on smoothly and with an even consistancy.  It seems to dry rather quickly once on the nails, though I'd probably wait 5-10 minutes between coats to be safe.
Cons: It will require 2-4 coats to achieve the best color result.


For the stripes, I used L.A. Colors Nail Deco in Black.  This can be found many places, but I purchased it from Dollar General for $1 per bottle (I bought 5 that day. What can I say? lol)



Pros: The thin brush makes doing nail art much easier than it previously had been.  It is available in a wide variety of solid colors and in glitters.
Cons: The polish likes to drip to the bottom of the brush, making thin lines rather difficult.






Final Verdict: The pros of these polishes greatly outweighed in the cons, making this an easy to do manicure for the low price of around $8.  I have done this many times since finding the tutorial, and would continue to do so.  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment