Monday, March 26, 2012

Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge - Day 1

Day 1: Think Pink


Upon surfing through a few of the other nail polish blogs, I stumbled across the Girly Girl Nail Art Challenge.



I will post the pictures first, and tell you all about it at the end of this post - so as not to completely bore you ;)




Obvious lack of photography skill aside, I'd say day one was a success.  For once, It wasn't a complete pain to clean up the area around my nails when I was finished.

I start every manicure off with an OPI Natural Nails base coat. It has worked not-so-good for me lately, so this is it's last chance.  The last polish I used was a blue, and before that, a red.  It stained my nails so horribly, to the point where it looked like I slammed my fingers in a car door and they were all bruised up.  I refuse to let my fingernails without polish look like that any longer ;)  Since day 1 is 'Think Pink', I chose two bottles from my latest haul. Both are NYC In a New York Color Minute - the solid is Midtown and the glitter is Big City Dazzle. In reality, the glitter is meant to be a top coat, but to err on the side of caution, Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat was added afterwards.   Anytime you use multiple coats of polish, I'd suggest you also use Seche Vite.  For the longest time, I put off buying it due to the hefty price tag at my local beauty supply stores, but it's definitely worth it. 

Up tomorrow is 'Gimme that Bling'.  I'm kind of excited to see what I come up with...


Meanwhile, check out these other wonderful beauty bloggers who are/were also participating in the GG Nail Art Challenge:

Robin, Erin, and Anna - Polished Cousins
Ashley - Follow the Yellow Polish Road
Jodi - Captivating Claws
Danielle - Rock N Polish
Elly - Polishable
Olivia - Unprofessional Nails
Kate - This Charming Kate
Bethany - A Plethora of Nails
Lizzy - The Do It Yourself Lady
Eugenia - Talon-ted
Johanna - Neues vom Kellerkind
Amanda - Nox Nails
Ashley - Smashley Sparkles
Sarah - See Sarah Swatch
Emily - The Lacquerologist
Jess - LuvMyLacquer
Tressa - O' Natur Nail
ChiChi - I'm just me...ChiChi
CR - Color Me Silly
Amanda - Berry Polished
Bonny - Over Stuffed
Taylor - REJOICE!
Jess - Nearly Natural Nails


UPDATE: You really, really have to wait for each layer to dry before doing the next.  All layers need to be dry before doing Seche Vite (or whatever top coat you are using).  Every single one of nails are no longer polished less than six hours after painting them - all of the polish peeled off in one big piece :(

No comments:

Post a Comment